Sheema Khan – PhD
Canadian hockey mom and Harvard PhD
When she is not running her kids to their hockey and soccer practices, Sheema enjoys being on the field herself — playing and coaching soccer.
In 2013, Sheema participated in the Run or Dye™ event in Ottawa to help raise funds and awareness for local charities. “It was such an amazing experience that my friends and family want to make it an annual event.”
In her spare time, Sheema enjoys writing about her experience and personal views on religion. This, with her passion for fighting for the rights of women, led her to publish her first book, Of Hockey and Hijab: Reflections of a Canadian Muslim Woman.Contact Sheema
- Registered Patent Agent (Canada) – 2004
- Registered Patent Agent (USPTO) – 2005
- B.Sc. (Chemistry) McGill University
- M.Sc. (Physics) and PhD (Chemical Physics) Harvard University
- Post-doctoral Associate (Chemical Engineering) M.I.T.
- Post-doctoral Associate (Chemical Physics) McGill University
- Registered Patent Agent with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Registered Patent Agent with the US Patent & Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)